Aab are often asked why we don’t provide different lengths. For example, the following comment was made on our Facebook fan page:
“cutting the length from 62″ to 53” will definitely take the flare away, so I don’t think I can spend that much money and have it ruined. Most sisters are not very tall, I don’t understand why they make abayas so long, just coz their models are probably that tall
Aab think about the customers not just your models or the dummy models who may be so tall.”
We care about everyone. Our abayas are long so even tall sisters can wear Aab. First and foremost, Aab does not mass produce their garments, designs and fabric are quite exclusive and are not always available. Abayas can be shortened but not lengthened!!
It’s not true that we only think of super skinny models and tall people…actually, Aab’s chief designers are quite opposite from one another. Before we even go into production, the garments are tried and tested for size, shape, drop etc etc. We check for practicality, comfort, ease and that’s what makes our garments what they are!
The issue behind length is always at the back of our minds when designing… and our designs are such that can be altered without ruining a garment.
Alteration tips/ Recommendations:
- When you receive your item, try it on and get your tailor/ seamstress/ helper to pin up while you stand straight.
- If the abaya is to be worn with heels, pin up with heels on.
- For shorter sisters afraid of losing the flare, a good tip is to keep it slightly longer. The trail will make it look more flarey.
- When happy do the alteration accordingly.
5. Flare cut Abayas are designed according to height. A taller person will need more flare to achieve the same look. When standing straight the entire flare will fall straight and look as though there is not much flare even on a tall model.
6. The volume of the garment comes into play with movement… when walking etc. Too much flare on a short person can also make them look square! That’s why flare should be altered according to height…you don’t lose the flare nor the volume, it has been designed to look good whatever your height. You just need to alter according to the tips given!
Taller people, longer legs… need more room to walk.
Shorter person, shorter legs…needs less room.
Aab values everyone’s feedback and comments! Without them, we can’t make the necessary changes and yes, we are looking to introduce a petite range with shorter lengths soon…with all your support, we will inshallah cater for all your needs! In the mean time….take note of the above advice and all should be good!